Quality Standards Technician
Position Summary: Tests and inspects products at various stages of production. Compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products. A few, but not all, duties are listed below:
- Inspect all mechanical items on machines to ensure everything is in working order.
- Confirm that all program standards are implemented into the program and any special requirements are in the program.
- Ensure that the machine testing checklist is completed.
- Confirm that all electrical items have been completed after final QA.
- Tear down the equipment for sanitation to make sure everything is in correct working order.
- Work with technical writers to ensure everything is captured in the manual for specific machines.
Work assignments are of a great variety and complexity and include work in the shop and at customer sites. Employees work independently or as a team installing, servicing or repairing electrical control and mechanical equipment. Approximately 50% travel is required.
- Computers & electronics - knowledge of processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Mechanical - knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Production & processing - knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality controls, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of equipment
- Programming - software such as Allen Bradley PLC, HMI and Servo progamming
Design custom machines consistent with established engineering specifications according to size, capacities, performance and other requirements.
Essential duties & responsibilities include:
- Research, design and evaluate mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet specified requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Handle all aspects of design engineering work.
- Research and develo models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasiblity, operating condition effects, possible new applications, and necessity of modification.
- Evaluate and select components and parts for the machines.
- and much more...
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are respresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering and 3 to 5 years of related experience, or 7 - 10 years of progressively responsible related experience, or a combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read & interpret technical documents and have good communication skills.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Ability solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
Fabricator / Press Brake Operator
Fabricate various parts for the assembly of conveyors, tanks, and platforms. Fabricate chutes, transitions and miscellaneous sheet metal parts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up and operates fabricating machines such as brakes, rolls, shears, drill presses, plasma cutting and CNC programs.
- Cut bend, and straighten metal and plastic to blueprint specifications.
- Verify conformance of workpiece to blueprint specifications.
- and much more...
- Associate Degree or equivalent from 2-yr college or technical school; or (6) months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and write routine reports and corresondence.
- Mathematical skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and measuring devices
Sets up and operates milling machines and lathes by performing the following duties.
- Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth & angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to drawing specifications
- and much more...
- Associates Degree or equivalent from (2) year college or technical school; or (6) months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language skills; Mathematical skills; Reasoning ability
- Overhead crane certification
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and assembly drawings. Must be able to do their on layout.
Grinds and polishes surfaces of stainless steel equipment to specified finish.
- Examines and feels surface of metal to detect defects such as dents, scratches, or breaks in metal or weld.
- Use forklift to move parts to and from fabrication shop and blast area.
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Polishes metal surfaces
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or (1) to (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Communication and Mathematical skills are necessary
- Computer skills for Manufacturing software
- Forklift and Overhead Crane certification
- Knowledge of pneumatic hand tools, metal thicknesses, RPM ratings between the tool and the wheels, stness, abrasives, etc...
- Prior experience working with stainless steel. Must have ability to interpret drawin
Lay out, fit and weld fabricated, cast and forged components for final assembly of food and dairy equipment by performing the following duties.
- Selects equipment and plans layout for welding and assembly of each project
- Lays out, positions, aligns and fits components together to blueprint specifications
- Assembles parts per assembly drawings and/or engineering instructions
- and much more...
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six monhs to one year relate experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Our electrical controls department hs an opportunity and we are looking for someone with the motivation and drive to grow with our company.
Responsibilities / Requirements include:
- Assemble and wire machine control panels, machines, push button stations, touch screens, e-stops, drives and PLC's
- Must have an understanding of all machine control hardware
- Perform electrical tests to ensure proper wiring techniques
- Must have an understanding of wiring from schematics
- Must understand hydraulic and pneumatic components
- Must be able to read schematics and wire machines
- Building panels to UL specification would be a plus